View Single Post
Old 20th February 2023, 09:12   #16
Martin Butler
Loves to post

MGF1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
If your aftermarket unit's display illuminates when switched on then the lack of audio output has nothing to do with its power supply.

The information you've given points to the wiring from your new receiver to the speakers. I suggest that you go back to basics. Write down the speaker outputs on your receiver. Does it have 4 outputs (front & rear, LH & RH)?

Opposite those connections, write down the corresponding speaker wire colours from the list I've given you. Now painstakingly trace each one across the adaptor you've fitted until you find the problem.

Simon
4 circuits 2 each side, I'm seriously thinking of doing away with the multi plug, pulling the speaker wires back, and separating them, into left and right, running the leads to each door speaker doubling up for the smaller speakers, and testing each as i go along, i should have enough to reach each speaker, and the boot speakers at least that way, i will know exactly where the problem is.

Last edited by Martin Butler; 20th February 2023 at 09:15.. Reason: add more content
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote