Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 12th July 2023, 19:31   #15
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Well famous last words. AVG was not a success for me. I had high hopes on first download , but have had a few problems with it. tried defender and then defender plus AVG and still i had to rewrite my reg files ... corrupted after 3 days !! before the AVG download the laptop had full scans/rewrites and all download histories clared ,so was good to go. i do not use apps on the laptop (acer) intel pentium , expensive but very good , and it has very little downloaded files etc , so is pretty clean. The problem is i think that the Avg left big holes for malware/virus and would have been ok if you paid for the extra defence cover. I have now removed it ,after having a problem doing this ,even as administrator,even though im the only user registered , it kept telling me i was not authorised. Sorted in command prompt and then able to remove the APP completely. Now on AVAST ONE free. I have good secure VPN wifi and this is my only usage , so rather suprised im having problems with security , and only since removal of norton. My internet allowances are set to medium restrictions , so im not letting in all and sundry whilst browsing. See how she goes on now...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote