View Single Post
Old 28th July 2023, 05:26   #171238
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
If he'd made any attempt to let me know he was there I would have got him to park the boxes just inside the front door so I didn't have to lift them up the step. Three boxes all 25+kg, two contained a 12.5kg bag of seeds and a 12.75kg box of suet balls, box three was 2 x 12.5kg bags of seeds. Shoulder is aching
Good morning all, good morning Steve. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your shoulder. I chatting recently to a mutual friend who has just had surgery to repair his painful shoulder, let’s hope it works. Have you considered getting a second opinion? I was chatting to a cousin in Ireland who is waiting to have both of her shoulder joints replaced due to arthritis. Last year she had extensive spinal surgery in Dublin to straighten her spine and to replace diseased discs. This necessitated opening her spine from the base, at the coccyx, all the way up to her neck. Amazingly she is doing well but has these shoulder operations to come.

I don’t know what you can do about bring in heavy weights.

On Monday we are having a delivery of a new reclining chair for Jessica which weighs 103KG and we are 4 floors up without a lift. Fortunately the delivery company have agreed to provide a 4 man team to get it up the stairs. Other companies would only agree to a doorstep delivery. I am wondering if you could find a courier who would bring the bags into your house. Just a thought in passing.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 28th July 2023 at 05:32..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote