Thread: Boat relocating
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2023, 17:26   #18
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Tomorrow is part one of our boat move.

Weather has meant some changes to our original passage plans have been put in place.
Tomorrow should see us depart Acle Marina around 12.00hrs to arrive at around 14.00hrs at Great Yarmouth Yacht Station.

From there we will be lowering our Navigation mast and VHF antennas and welcoming our 'skipper' on board.
Then (tide height dependent) we shall be making a safe passage under Acle Road Bridge, Vauxhall foot bridge and Haven lift bridge and out into the North Sea from Great Yarmouth.

A short (9 nautical miles) sea passage should see us arrive at Lowestoft harbour and into the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club Marina.
The sea passage from Gt Yarmouth to Lowestoft should take around 45 minutes or so.

We were planning on departure the following morning but the weather forecast wasn't very good with wind speeds predicted at 50-60mph.
We made a decision to delay our departure and will now be leaving Monday or Tuesday.
Of course, since making that decision I have booked a job in for the Sunday and now the wind forecast has been downgraded to moderate from Gale force
Never mind. Don't want to mess my client around so part 2 will be Monday or Tuesday seeing us depart Lowestoft for a 40 odd nautical mile run down the North Sea to Titchmarsh Marina in Walton On The Naze.

That leg should take approximately four hours at a steady 12-15 Knot cruise.
We will be aiming to arrive on a rising tide so around 12.00 to 13.00hrs should be about right.
Then it's moor the boat up, jump in the car and drive our skipper back to Lowestoft.

I will be taking photos/vidoes and some live blogging on Facebook as well.

Might need a day or two to recover before updating this thread

Last edited by coolcat; 8th November 2023 at 03:22..
coolcat is online now   Reply With Quote