View Single Post
Old 26th December 2023, 14:17   #28
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Xmas Day

I got up early and did my daily duties including washing my hair. Had breakfast, took tablets and had my tea.

Kelsey phoned to see if I needed anything but I said I was ok for everything.
I opened some of my presents that had been delivered by post.
From my god daughter Kirra I got a Poppy T shirt, a Poppy stain glass ornament and a lovey wooden picture fram which had been engraved with the words “ To My Best Godfather lots of Love Kirra xxx”, that made me smile.

From Suffolk I got two presents from John Louis, who is 10years old. He had designed a Christmas themed tea towel and the same design was on a mug. Both had his name on as well. These I’ll only use at Xmas.

Tea made, pain killers taken and I had a banana for lunch. The lady from New Life arrived and set about the few jobs to be done. Then the nurse arrived for my injection. My tummy looks like a pin cushion.

Allen n Val came around at 15.00 with my Xmas dinner, I was getting hungry. So they wasted no time in plating it up and popping it in the microwave, Allen made the tea. Whilst I tucked in they told me about their day. Their daughter Debbie was working, she is a taxi driver, but in between jobs she was able to visit her 3 sons. One is in the Royal Navy and is a helicopter engineer, home for Christmas. Another is in the Army and works in the REME as a mechanic, again home for Christmas. The fiat son is a kitchen/bathroom fitter.

Dinner done including my Xmas pud. The dinner was bloomin’ ‘ansum, as they around these parts. Now, there was a few bits on the plate that I ate that I thought might give me a few issues during the night but I carried on and cleared the plate.
Then time to exchange gifts. Alien perfume set for Val, a bottle of Welsh single malt for Allen. I gave then a present to give to Debbie, a bottle of Japanese gin.

I got an Owl clock kit, I shall look forward to building that. Debbie sent me a tin house that lights up and was full of shortbread.
Another cup of tea was made whilst Val washed up. I did offer but was told to sit down.
The time rolled by and at about 18.30 they took their leave, and so I was on my own.
But I was ok, as I had a full tummy. Tea and tablets taken. Then I settled down to watch some telly, and nodded off. Only for about 45 minutes but I did feel better for it.

The night wasn’t going to be a normal night, but I didn’t know this at the time.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote