Thread: My 'new' Rover
View Single Post
Old 9th January 2024, 07:35   #9
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Not at all pedantic Gary but quite right.
I'd forgotten hats! Those bigwigs should have been able to enter the car with their bowler hat indeed...
But I love the line, the look, the style of that elegant coupe. It's easily recognizable thanks to its lowered roof and a four door coupe does look rather unique.
No wonder why it's highly sought after.

Even I'd had preferred a duotone body yet more refined I'm over the moon with my arden green one. And here on the continent where they are particularly scarce (it was the only one to be sold at the moment in France) I've 'only' paid 13k € i.e. a tad more than £11k: bargain! Only because of the wheel on the right side but wrong one here!

I'd had a close look around, in Spain, Italy, Swiss and Holland: a few LHD P5b coupe in good condition available between 25k & 50k €!
Mine looks pretty good: no rust at all around the arches or around the sills, just a very slight and superficial traces of rust on the undercarriage (MOT). The mechanic close to the seller who inspected it for me from below told me it was clean.

Inside is neat and clean, apart 2 short spots on the driver seat - as usual - which need to be sewn back. Engine bay rather good looking with some parts recently fitted.

But some niggles - as expected - are to be cured and services to be done with proper fluids recommended by Rover. Even the front left tyre had been fitted inside out by a numpty!!! The heating is fully working but cannot be activated from the cabin, only under the bonnet (some broken link somewhere). The radio doesn't work at the moment but as a member of the P5 club told me, 'you don't need it, only enjoy the music of the V8'!

But what a fun to drive a proper British RHD car! I've even overtaken half a dozen of times, with the complicity of my better half...

Arnaud
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s

Last edited by Dorchester2; 9th January 2024 at 07:38..
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote