View Single Post
Old 10th January 2024, 07:33   #51
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

It’s been confirmed that it’s the injections aka blood thinners that are the cause of the many trips to the loo. And will affect me more in the night when my body is more relaxed. Don’t have much of the problem during the day, just occasionally.
As long as I make it it’s not a an issue, been a few near misses.

Still being “stabbed” by Karen morning and evening. Marion was in yesterday for a chat. A bit more of her life story, which I find fascinating.
Got a new lady coming in from the New Life ladies, Jo, and she like me is fairly new to Cornwall. But she is originally from Kent. She got divorced and decided that she needed a new start in life. As she had a daughter living here in Saltash she decided to give it a go. And she was working in a care home at the time so experience was already in place.

We got talking about what you can cook in a slow cooker. And so we ended up swapping recipes. Amazing what I find to do whilst stuck in the house. It’s the longest I have been housebound. Three and half weeks now. But I do want to go out but have got to wait for the physiotherapist to come and see me.

I posted up on the Saltash page on Facebook singing the praises of the NHS and the experience with the New Life ladies. And now I have been contacted by the NHS asking me if I would be willing to share my experiences. Naturally I said yes, so now waiting on another phone call.

Every 12 weeks I attend the foot clinic as I have problems with my feet and they need to be regularly checked plus I get the nails cut and hard skin removed. But best of all I get a foot massage. As I have an appointment coming up I phoned to cancel explaining the issue about my ankle. Had to leave a message on the answer phone. Anyway they phoned back and thanked me for letting me know and said if I still wanted the appointment they can do home visits. I’ll see how I go before I get into that habit.

So all in all everything is ok here.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote