View Single Post
Old 11th January 2024, 13:29   #52
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

After yesterday’s bad day, lots of pain in back and shoulders from using the zimmer frame. It would appear I have been using it wrong. Plus these injections are playing havoc with my insides. I have reported the issue but now I have to contact my GP to see if I can get different injections.
That will be fun as getting through is a pain at the best of times.

And now my loo upstairs is blocked. The amount of paper I’m having to use has blocked the loo up. Anyway a quick phone call to the local plumbers, and they will pop in either this afternoon or tomorrow morning to sort it out for me.

I managed to get my washing done and got it put on the clothes horse.
The first phone I received was from the physiotherapist to inform me that they would be coming to see me on the 29th, not before as I will need to be either out of plaster or back into plaster but able to put more weight on the ankle. I was hoping they would come out earlier to help me recover my confidence. Never mind I’ll have to cope as best I can.

But the good news is I have actually sat outside in the garden this afternoon in my garden chair.
My neighbour Kelsey phoned me and asked me if I would like to sit out in the garden, I thought she was joking but she wasn’t. With help and kind words she coaxed me out. It wasn’t easy but I did it. She sat me down and brought the foot stool out so I could rest my foot.

Then she made me a cuppa before leaving me, she was going to come back in 30 minutes to see how I was getting on. My other neighbour, Marion, was well surprised to find me sitting out in the garden. We sat and chatted, and she took my shopping list. No rush I said but she said she would go to Tesco’s in Callington this afternoon to get the bits in case the weather turned colder. And with that she was gone.

Kelsey came back and helped me up and with lots of encouragement, and kind words, I was able to get back indoors, just as Gail from New Life arrived.
Kelsey left and Gail made me another cuppa. Then she made my bed, then it was to empty the commode. Hence why my loo is blocked.

So from a lousy start to the day it turned out blooming good.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote