View Single Post
Old 12th January 2024, 16:08   #53
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Plumber arrived at 11.30 this morning whilst Allen was here. Took the plumber 20 minutes to unblock the upstairs loo. And that cost me £45. Still rather that than a flooded bathroom.
Allen had brought round my repeat prescription from the chemist, plus some Practical Classic magazines and a bag of liquorice allsorts, oh! I like them.
He had a cuppa with me and said he wouldn’t be able to take me for my check up on the 25th.

So I phoned Derriford and got through to the fracture unit and asked if I could change my appointment, no problem was the reply. So now we are going on the 24th and we have an earlier appointment.
Allen left with two club calendars for him to post.

Then my mobile rang with a number I didn’t recognise but I answered it any way and this is the conversation.
“Hello, can I speak to Mr Burgess?”
Speaking.
“I understand you have broken your ankle”.
Yes.
“Did it happen in a car accident?”
No. And now I’m ready to depend my corner.
“You know you can claim for any type of accident where someone is to blame”.
My reply was short and curt, “I’m not interested in making any sort of claim as the accident was 100% my fault”.
“Ah! But no one can prove it was your………………..”
I cut him off and then blocked his number.

He tried twice more with different numbers but I just hung up and blocked the number. About an hour later yet another number but this time it was a woman asking for me. I told her that the person who she was trying to contact wasn’t at home as they had gone to a hockey match.
“But I thought he had broken his ankle, how can he be playing?
I said, who said he was playing. Then I hung up and blocked her number.

Honestly I thought the days of ambulance chasers was behind us, obviously not. No idea who gave them my number. But I know these people tout for business at hospitals, offering staff cash for information. No idea if this is the case. But at least no more calls.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote