View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:46   #14
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

My 75 and Ford C Max insurance renewals recently both came through at double last year's quote.

My ZT is on a "modern Classic" policy with a different insurer and half the cost of the 75 quote. So I rang them to ask if they could do something similar for the 75. The instant answer was "no" even though it's basically the same car [both diesel with no mods] as they don't have a scheme for Rovers....

I did some ringing round to check and got better quotes and pitched them back to the current insurer and got a reduction to about 50% more in each case.

On querying why prices have risen, the answer seems to be a] increased repair costs post Covid b] increased car purchase prices even though if I made a claim for my car it would be written off!

By chance I happened to be next to a friend's second hand car site earlier today. I asked if he had problems getting stock in, and the answer was "yes, at an affordable price, both for me and for my customers". He's even got a board outside asking for cars for cash due to high auction prices/costs.....
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote