View Single Post
Old 21st February 2024, 07:14   #107
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
It might be helpful if you could arrange for someone to be with you for the sales visit Bob. The more the merrier because while there is always the chance of an exception sales people are notorious for their persistence and reluctance to leave without securing a sale. Expect the usual ruses to pressure you and be ready with a reason why you must curtail the meeting if you feel the need to - forewarned is forearmed. Make sure that you are sitting down when you are hit with the cost options because the council figures you mentioned above might well look cheap in comparison. It is a big decision to make so take time to think further about it and do not buy on the spot. Have a stiff drink or two ... hic, and using what you garner from the meeting explore and compare any alternatives.

The local council is an option for those who might qualify for a freebie. Surprised your neighbour was asked to pay anything if the means test was met in full, maybe it wasn't hence the requirement for the part payment. But even if you don't qualify for a council freebie it might be worth approaching it for advice on anything that you might be thinking of buying. It will be experienced and familiar with what should be best for you and your situation and perhaps what to avoid. Not all stairlifts are the same and the council might advise to avoid a type on grounds of safety if not something else. Apologies in advance for posting anything that might be obvious to you.
Many thanks for the information. I’ll get my mate Allen to be here with me tomorrow.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote