View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2024, 12:58   #674
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

So here we are in March 2024. I have an AirBoot fitted and the plan is to walk outside on my own. The goal is 1000 steps. It has taken time but I managed that today. Was a bit tiring. But done it ok. The AirBoot weighs in at nearly 3lbs. So a fair bit of weight to move.

Anyway I just got indoors from my walk and after taking my coat off time for a coffee. With that made I went upstairs for a wee. And the doorbell rings. Had my wee, washed my hands and the doorbell rang again. And someone rattled the door. I got downstairs and opened the door to find a lady standing there.
“I have ringing the bell, you knew I was coming round as I messaged you”. Said this very irate woman.

I looked at her and replied, “I haven’t messaged you or anyone else. Walking with this boot on is not easy. I was upstairs in the bathroom so I got down here as quick as I could. Do you have the right address?”.
“Is this no.15?” She asked. Yes I replied but she wanted no.15 the Green which is off of my road.
No apologies as she walked away. How rude I thought.
But she is not the first, and not the last to knock at the wrong address. I wouldn’t mind but the Green is clearly marked up with 3 different road signs.

We have news from Portugal. It seems that Elizabeth is getting engaged to the new man in her life. Tim’s parents seem to be ok with the new fella.

Michael has finally started to get his house tidied up. He started in the loft and shifted so much stuff he is on first name terms with the staff up at the tip.
I phoned him up and he said on the phone, “ I didn’t realise how much rubbish I had accumulated over the years”.
So the loft and two of the bedrooms have been cleared.

I’m still in touch with my two cousins although it will be a long time before we meet up again. We keep in contact via email. Cousin Christine’s son works for the Bomberdier railway company and is based at Bounds Green North London but is currently out on strike. Seems like he is a bit of a rebel.
Cousin Keith has just bought his 4th car. Another Ford Focus.

Lost all contact with neighbours and friends from Barkingside, even my old neighbour Jan no longer keeps in contact. I have tried to stay in contact but people just seem to drift away. No longer in contact with Emma and Kevin. But I’m still in contact with my god daughter who now has a mobile phone. So we WhatsApp one and other. She now plays football and is in the first team for the girls. Her brother is doing well at school and apparently is a “gifted” student. Not sure what that means but I guess it means he is brainy.

Still hoping Matt will come and collect Banana, she hasn’t moved for 6 weeks now. And the Fiesta hasn’t moved for 4 weeks. Will get Allen to drive her when we go shopping next.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for some good news this Wednesday when I have my hospital appointment.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote