Thread: JagFire
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2024, 09:09   #39
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

wooo. Lots to think and ponder about.
Did the driver get done for speeding and or using his phone whilst driving??

Ref the Shuttle. Each rail car has doors at each end with doors to the adjacent rail car. In the event of a problem folk are evacuated from the rail car with the problem, through the double set of passenger doors to the next car. If it were a fire I suspect the fire suppression system would activate.

I must admit to having been the "cause" of a problem on a Shuttle once (a long time ago!). Was in my Montego and diesel was discovered to be leaking from the engine compartment onto the floor! Shuttle staff were very calm and all folk in the rail car where mine was were evacuated to the next rail car until we got to Calais. There wasnt a fire or smoke or anything and when everyone ahead had driven off they allowed me to drive off and park up out of the way of those leaving. A team of breakdown folk came, we opened the bonnet, found what the problem was( there was a hole in the fuel surge tank due to internal corrosion) and managed to re-arrange the rubber hoses to bypass the surge tank and off I drove. No charge!
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote