View Single Post
Old 8th April 2024, 22:48   #19
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillyphil View Post
It is very clear that Yu Energy are the very worst suppliers in the world!
Sounds bad and more so if all you describe happened in little more than one year. Is that on a business tariff? I had to resolve a problem with a former and now defunct supplier via the ombudsman. It found in my favour eventually but it took a year to get there and I had to fight both for most of the time. The default position of the ombudsman in the main was seemingly to believe everything that the energy company stated while dismissing anything I put forward unless I could evidence it - which unfortunately for the pair of them I could and I did. Another trick the ombudsman played was to try to time-out the complaint and dismiss it in favour of its cohort by allowing me days to respond while allowing weeks for the energy company to do the same. The problem with the ombudsman service I guess is one of overstretch because, quite simply, the outfit operating as OFGEM is unfit for purpose. It has been for some years now hence why so many energy suppliers have gone bust and why anarchy prevails with the trickery and harassment to impose smart meters on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
I was under the impression that if you change your supplier, they will only accept you if you have a smart meter fitted, another ploy to get one installed i think.
My understanding is that certain types of tariff might require a smart meter but if you switch to one that doesn't then they cannot force a smart meter on to you just for switching. Well done for standing up to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
what have people got against a smart meter?
I understand why some like them but I don't need one and I don't need the hassle that I've read about when these meters stop being so smart. While it is not an offence to have one it is an offence to harass someone which is what is being done. So the harassment is as much a concern as the meters themselves.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote