View Single Post
Old 16th April 2024, 17:48   #6
biffa75
Gets stuck in

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
Thanks for the replies
I'm happy to meet nearer Castleford. Probably best in the retail outlet. this is only about 30 minutes away down the M62.
It's not the front struts or top mounting as I've had Monroe shockers fitted in January. The noise/knocks/groans were there before they were replaced. I've also had the inner tie rods replaced- all for £750, so you can see why I'm reluctant to spend anymore on something that may not be the culprit. I'm erring on the bottom ball joint, track rod end or drop links. How can you be certain which one it is?

Put a long screw driver to ones ear and place the other end on the suspect component, while the sound may travel through other components, it'll become louder the closer you get to the cause of the noise.

Checking for play, just backup the front end and rock and pry suspect components and check for play and noise or movement that shouldn't be there.

If you want to arrange a time to meet, I'll bring a trolley jack and can give things a check over for you no problem. If Briodyj is available we'll both give things a check over ��

Regards
Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote