View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2024, 21:07   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Default Unfortunately my MGR ownership is at an end.

After 30yrs of continuous ownership of Rovers and MG's it has finally come to an end.

It wouldn't start the other week which I narrowed down to injectors, It also scraped through the MOT with the tester telling me there was corrosion to both sills, the rear subframe would soon need attention along with brake pipes to the front.

Rear discs and pads needed and the handbrake just made it through the mot.

I had also noticed rust bubbling on bottom of front wing, rear quarter just behind wheel arch ans corner of roof panel where the black channel is.

SWMBO was the voice of reason, saying was it really worth spending an estimated £1,500 (my trusted garage estimate) or more on a 20yr old car on 140k and £360 VED and be nice to have something modern.

So, I've gone beige, and and bought a 2015 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium estate.

Heated cloth seats and steering wheel, heated windscreen, Dab radio, cruise control, tow bar, low mileage and £35 VED.

I'm nearly 60, disabled (so really unableto do anything but small minor jobs myself), and need a car that's reliable and comfortable.

Can't sell on here as not paid up member, bit got some rare PPD bits now on the bay with more as clear shed out.

Last edited by Reebs; 23rd April 2024 at 05:40.. Reason: Removed eBay name
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote