View Single Post
Old 15th May 2024, 18:18   #705
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Now I understand. Presumably your router is on a fiber connection which really is just another form of landline connection and usually a more expensive one at that. I also presume that you are running on 2 separate contracts as I'm not aware of any provider offering a fiber broadband service for ~ £7/mth let alone one which would also include a mobile phone service too for that price.

I have no type of landline service whatsoever. I bought a wifi box of the type that many establishments will use to provide free wifi access on their premises. It requires a sim card which I share between my wifi router and my mobile phone on the very infrequent occasions that I need to use the phone. As I mentioned previously if swapping the 1 sim card around does not suit then 2 sim only contracts could negate the need to swap them around and still provide a saving on having a landline - more so a fiber connection.

I use 1 sim only and my monthly cost for both mobile service (unlimited calls & texts when needed) and broadband is currently under £7/mth. I'm a light user of data though and use less than 9GB/mth on average.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote