View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009, 22:36   #5
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hi Mickey. The "whats next" isn't around yet. I had that problem for years. I just wanted a diesel automatic to replace my old grey ZX.. One by one I looked at the Mercs, the BMW's, Peugeots, Vauxhalls, Fords, Citroens, etc and nothing was out there, most were too expensive, some had known serious faults, and they were all pretty bland and samey looking.

I did look at the Rover 75 diesel auto and loved it, sadly they were too expensive, but, most people didn't realise how good the car is, so they came down in price surprisingly fast. and eventually I got one.

Now you, I, and everyone else, are in the same boat, what's next? the honest answer to that, is, there is nothing anything like as good as the Rover 75 around in todays market.

In your case the MG may be appealing, but it does nothing for me. So I will just have to make my car last me for a very long time, and maybe, just maybe, someone will bring out another classic car that people can take to their hearts.. But it may be a long wait.. A very very long wait........

For towing a large caravan, you could try a Citroen XM diesel estate with its self leveling suspension.. But - they are very unreliable, and you can't get a feeler guage in around the engine dep't much less a spanner, they are really awfull to work on..

By now my advice must be pretty obvious, spend some of your money keeping the car you have in top condition, I seriously doubt, you will ever find a nicer car.
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote