View Single Post
Old 1st September 2009, 21:23   #47
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Hi Alan,

It is a lovely looking thing and the chassis number means it becomes the oldest car in the club. Congratulations!:lol:

However, the passenger door window switch and the airbag cover do raise a question and I hesitated whether to raise this point or not?

The airbag cover looks like the later plastic version and I wondered whether, with the door switch as well, there has maybe been a front impact at some point and the airbag deployed and the door was damaged?

When the repair was done they maybe couldn't source the walnut dash kit or the original real wood airbag cover? I noticed the light switch, centre console and rear window switches are all covered. Is the driver's door window switch still walnut?

Just a thought and I hope I'm wrong

Derek

Thanks for the observations. Could well be as you say, the air bag logo looks like the one on my 2005. If it has been repaired then maybe they thought that they could go the whole hog and put in the sat nav as well. Don´t think it has happened since beeing imported, I´m sure the owner would have said. Probably happened in the UK. Will try and find out the whole history. Cars have history just like anything else. All the incidents go to make up the car as an -individual- so if it has had a prange then it doesn´t distract from the whole. The uninteresting cars are usually the ones with 5 miles on the clock and a life in a museum! I will post up what I can find out Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote