View Single Post
Old 11th May 2010, 20:30   #19
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

[quote=Zeb;522241]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post

Well, yes I suppose it would be easy to be idealistic from a rural hideaway.....but the reality is that for the last two and a half years I was working in Swadlincote Derbyshire, (so not so far away from you) alongside, amongst other people, the Housing Dept of the County Council....during which time we saw one individual who might safely fit your description..all the rest were locals...back here in Lincolnshire, Boston supposedly 'has a massive immigrant problem'....the BNP and UKIP and independent candidates all played on how they were getting first shot at all the houses etc...so the local council released their housing figures for the past four years...in that time all of 37 individuals / families had been placed in council accommodation...out a housing stock of 6000 + all the rest had gone to locals....always best to avoid making assumptions methinks..

Anyway, I wish the new collaborative administration the best of British.....they are going to need it.
I'm not assuming anything, but working somewhere and having to live there permanently are two entirely different things.

I know Swadlincote well and would hardly say it can be compared to a large inner city area with all the multicultural pressures for housing