View Single Post
Old 12th November 2006, 17:26   #7
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil View Post
Hi

Ok thanks people. Just one more question the tablet is also set up to run off the school network, I and friend don't think IT dept will be happy if it messes up the settings. Once connected to the home network wil lit still work perfectly fine on the school's network bearing in mind my friend is unaware of the WEP key for the school's network.

Regards
Tom
I have set up a fair few AOL wireless networks lately and it is nothing special.

You do not have to use the AOL software with a wireless router. The one they supply is a Netgear dg834g and comes completely unconvigured and is not aol specific.

If your username(screen name) and password is already set up in the router then any pc or laptop with a wireless card will connect to it. If wireless security is set up you will need the wep or wpa key to access it. If you did set up any security then it will not be enabled and you should be able to connect no problem. But I would advise setting some security up any how.

Now if the AOL broadand is set up with just a usb modem then you have to use the AOL software to connect, though there is a way around that but forget where I have seen that now.

It will not mess with the school network settings either as it will connect automatically to either network once it is in range.

Simon.
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote