Thread: Meet Ideas
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2010, 11:29   #36
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

I have just posted the following in the North West group as they are also looking into venues for meets.

Quote:
Although I now live in Shropshire I was born in Manchester and grew up in St Annes so I am interested in attending any of your meets. If you have a newsletter type thing that publicises these events could you include me in them.

I went to the Gretna meet earlier this year (2010) so the travelling doesn't bother me (I also lived in Oz for nearly 30 years). My only issue is the wife and I look after an invalid so on occasions I may have to drop out of a meet at short notice.

I must say the Bruntingthorpe meet was excellent and I am trying to suggest to the Midlands group that we try a meet at Blackpool or at The Prescott Hill Climb where they actively encourage car clubs to meet. They cordon sections off for manufacturers etc. The Bugatti museum is worth a visit and lots of market stalls and food venues there as well as the hill climbing entertainment. From memory the entrance is £10 per car.

To get a feel of the place take a look at these photos I took in 2009 Click Me

for more info on Prescott events and dates etc... Click Me

Edd
I think if we could pull off a meet at Prescott and they joined in as well it could be a fantastic day out for all the family.

Edd

PS I have written to the Bugatti Car club for costings etc.

Last edited by Mr Edd; 24th December 2010 at 12:06..
Mr Edd is offline   Reply With Quote