View Single Post
Old 6th February 2011, 07:28   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefrew View Post
Thanks for the reply Harry, should have been a bit clearer. The unit I have is not one of Sean's, but a cheaper chinese model.
I have built in analogue on the dd. I knew about the 2 SMB plugs on the tv tuner, but did not know which one to use, now I know I can use either.
My other question was can I connect straight to the amplifier in the rear pillar or do I have to go from the tuner in the spare wheel well?
I have not cut any wires in the boot, just connected a 17 pin bmw to iso converter behind the unit, does this mean the power wires for the amps will still work?
Thanks,
Mike
You don't need to physically cut the wires to lose the supplies to the boot, just removing my Hi-line units were enough. Best advice would be to check with a meter, that the purple/pink and purple/yellow are live with the ignition turned on and if not, to link them across at the back of the DD.

I can't help at all with the type of plug used at the TV amp, because I have never seen it. In your situation, I would be inclined to simply run a length of CT-100 modern Sat/TV cable from the DD to the wheel well, fit an F-plug at the boot end, use an F-plug female to female adaptor, then fit one of those special Shotgun F-plugs on the end of one of the two leads presently fitted with an SMB.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote