View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 17:47   #28
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Thanks for your appreciation Trikey, Roger1 & Zeb, I'm glad a lot of you guys on the forum are as enthusiastic about the project as I am, and I really hope that my efforts persuade some more of you that a damaged ZT/Rover does not need to end its days in a breakers yard. Categories D+C are normally worth saving, especially when it comes to a 260 or a 75 V8, these cars are few & far between and need all of our help! as I have already stated in my answer to the thread on the damaged 260 on ebay at the moment, it IS repairable and IS worth saving and as long as it is repaired properly, will make a very nice car for someone.
John

A bit more progress
1 005's handbrake lever, I think I'd better change that!
2 That's better
3 Heater assembly & support bar installed
4 ECU installed, heater all wired up
A couple of minor differences worth mentioning. The heater assembly on the later car is quite a bit different, there is a control unit that was not present on 05's original heater unit and there was no condensate drain either. Simple fix, one rather large hole cutter later, and hey presto, 05 now has the late heater box.
I know it probably seems that I have not done much, but to be honest, I'm now back at the same stage I was at last night after fitting all the heater and reassembling the support bar, ecu's etc, only to find at the last minute that when I went to clip the heater loom into its bracket, the flap motor this bracket is attached to had been broken in the accident and was all floppy. I calmly (yeh, right!!) turned the garage lights off and went indoors.
Tonight, I returned to it, stripped the whole lot out again, repaired the mount and re-assembled. Ah, that feeling of deja-vu!
A lesson to remember here, when fitting a large part from a damaged vehicle, CHECK IT OUT, a whole lot of time and grief can be saved!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image018.jpg (136.7 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg Image017.jpg (134.4 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg Image020.jpg (138.3 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg Image021.jpg (138.5 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 03:56.. Reason: Consecutive posts
75.0 is offline   Reply With Quote