View Single Post
Old 13th October 2011, 15:14   #10
rik007
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
have a look between the seats where you buckle the seat belt up to .if one is longer than the other then they would have been deployed at some point thus storing crash data that will need to be cleared ,that will be the only way to put light out and of course placing the pre tensioners .if they are the same size then the yellow connector may have dirty contacts and just need a good clean .what ever you do dont start putting wires and bulbs to this circuit
OK so what I am hearing is .. if the pre-tensioners have been used the light will always come on until they have been a)replaced and b)crash data cleared.

From what I've seen I dont think they have deployed, but I'll double check. I'll try and find a photo somewhere on the interweb of a normal length buckle.

I have replaced the yellow connectors already and that didnt cure the prob. But perhaps a good test is to remove the seats or at least unplg them and see if the fuse still blows.

Hmmm the bulb idea did seem like a way forward as it would I assume simply have privided a working resistance. But perhaps it could allow more than 5amps to flow. May be also the AirBag circuit is sensetive to current flow.

5amps at 12volts = 60watts .... I think ? i.e. IxV=W ... so I assume a 10watt buld would have drawn about 1amp, way less than the blow rating of the fuse.

But there again with a short circuit perhaps its a bad idea on the satey system. Just means buying a big bag of 5amp fuses until I find the answer! Hey ho.

Thnaks for all the input though.

Rich.
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote