View Single Post
Old 11th December 2011, 14:22   #10
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Yes its an option,

I could keep her all legal and run two vehicles or take her off the road and save the costs, we don't need to run two cars so we would be saving a few quid.

I think I would be stupid selling her really, hand on heart she has been the best car I have ever owned and the most reliable and that is no lie. I have owned 30+ cars and the 75 has been the most reliable by far apart from my 1982 Ford LS Capri.

I suppose I could just bite the bullet and keep her on the road and pay the costs until a big repair bill does come in on her, then it will be a sad day.

i will be honest with you mate i have 2 cars, my 75 and my qashqai and i always use my qashqai but every couple of days i jump in the 75 and nip upto my local shop in it.

plus its nice to know i always have a back up car if one breaks down, last month my qashqai broke down and i used the 75 for 3 days and then when i got my qashqai back i parked my 75 up.

its like someone as said these cars will be future classics, i think the true classic age of a car is 15 years so you only have 4 more years to wait till your 75 is a classic.

my 75 is 11 years old and is great condition with only 72k and many mods and its only worth £700 if i sell it, its like i said you may as well keep yours as you will lose a car you love and gain little money in return
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote