View Single Post
Old 6th January 2012, 12:51   #8
David3807
Posted a thing or two

2002 R75 Conn SE 2.5l Auto Tourer, 2001 R75 Conn SE 2.5 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I have just had a renewal quote of £1020 for the 2 cars from Admiral. An increase of about £350, despite a clean license, no claims max on the CDTi and no claims on the V6 and low mileage driven p.a so I am hunting around.
Had the same on renewal for my two V6 Autos with Admiral. Was £250 each in 2010 went to £400 each in 2011. Started looking on the comparison web sites. Found an insurer who was quoting £260 per car as the cheapest. And guess who it was - Admiral

A quick phone call, followed by a short silence and then 'I will just check with my Manager Sir'. Then followed with 'Yes we can do it for that price Sir'. Follwed by me saying 'Great, now what about my Multicar discount as the comparison sites work on single policies only basis'.

Result - total bill for the two cars came to about £475 which was slightly cheaper than the year before.

On another point I have had claims experience with Admiral in 2011 and found them pretty good. They dont keep you waiting and push things along reasonably fast.
However you do need to get involved a bit to make sure that the car is not written off (if thats what you want). In my case I didnt need a hire car and no personal injury claim on either side. They offered me a sum of money to get the car repaired (without w/off note on the registration document) which I accepted and the cheque arrived the following day.

All in all I am happy with them.
David3807 is offline   Reply With Quote