View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2006, 16:23   #6
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC123 View Post
I had an interesting problem with my 8Mb connection.. caused by my stupid ISP... when i got the new connection we were told it would take 4 or 5 days for the line to "settle down" (their words) to see what speed I could get at a steady rate. During this time, I downloaded a bit too much and as a result got put onto a "slower server" for naughty people.
fine, except i had signed up to, and was paying for, an unlimited service.
I complained, and was told it would be sorted but my speeds never went back up again, despite many calls to both BT and my provider.
I then asked BT if they could "reset" my line back to its testing phase (my isp said that would not work) and lo and behold 3 days later all back to normal. 2 months of slow internet, not my fault and the isp still refuses to refund me for those 2 months. So I guess when my contract is up i am going elsewhere...
They broke their contract to supply whatever it is they quoted. If want to walk away I would say you have every right to do so without penalty.
The only issue is that you cannot order a new ADSL on the same line without disconnecting the old one first. So you would be without for approx 10-15 days while the new one is setup, even though there is nothing to be done at the exchange.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote