Old 18th May 2019, 20:56   #15
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
https://youtu.be/t7BDuZGQKIo

Here you go folks. Hopefully that covers everything and shows it using everything you want.
Thanks for answering the Power on/off question Colin, much appreciated. It appears this is the new way these units boot into android, you get one initial slow boot from cold and from then on the system automatically boots from standby as soon as 12v current feeds the loom. I myself have another two units sitting on my desk that do the same thing, it does annoy me slightly not having full control over when I want to turn the unit on or off.

If I am correct, I think the idea is for a faster boot up time, but it appears the developers have cheated by not allowing the system to shutdown. This means the unit is awake 24/7 for as long as the ignition key is turned on.

The capacitive side power button only turns the screen off, it doesn't shutdown the system, if you press it again the screen instantly comes back on. Basically the unit never shuts down not until ignition key cuts the 12v power, I suppose the system has some sort of chip to protect the android O/S.

Regarding your internal storage, it does seem strange that you only have 1.94GB left, and have only used 1.24GB. I can see the unit itself was advertised having 16GB of internal storage, 4GB of that will be used by the O/S which then should leave you at least 12GB to play with.

Regarding your 32GB card using portable storage, you don't appear to be getting full use from it, have you formatted and set up the card, hopefully that will be the problem. It may pay to perform a factory data reset and start again, hopefully that will correct the systems available memory etc.

Thanks again for the vid.

Last edited by Dallas; 18th May 2019 at 21:00..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote