View Single Post
Old 27th June 2012, 18:56   #3
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
Hi Ed,
Total guess this, but as you have said the engine was still running when you pulled over, but you had heard a loud knocking noise. You then couldn't move the car as the battery was flat. My guess would be the bearings in the alternator possibly
I thought that as perhaps battery has discharged through alternator, I have two new alternators that I bought a couple of years ago plus I have a complete engine/auto box (removed complete) that I was going to put in my 1.8, that might now be going into my 06 plated 75. Going to sleep on it tonight and see how I feel in the morning.

If it is going to be off the road for sometime then I can bring my other v6 75 out of mothballs (decided to have a spare car because of my disabilities) , it needs a couple of jobs doing on it and then a MOT, plus for local journeys I have my 8mph mobility scooter. One thing I won't let it get me down as one way or another I will have transport.
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote