View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:45   #6
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Does the inner or outer door handle feel connected to any part of the mechanisms ? or are they redundantly floppy in operation ?
The "Door Locked" button on the top of the inner door finisher is showing what position ? This will allow you to know what exercise will be required to open the door with info shown below.
The reason for asking is that the inner door handle cable may have snapped it's weak hook !
This can easily be ascertained by removing the inner handle screw cap, and screw, the handle gets pulled in the conventional fashion with slightly more force, and it will come off in your hand. Then you will see if the cable is connected or not. If not connected/broken hook, you will be able to pull the outer cable away and pull the wire with pliers or grips. Assuming the cable is connected at the door mechanism you should now have a door that opens beit in an unconventional fashion. If the door still refuses to open it would appear that the cable has parted company from the mechanism housing, and the mechanical push rod clip has lost it's grip to the dog-leg that attaches to the exterior handle. The push-rod can be accessed from the interior door handle aperture using various tools to tickle the the rod in a downwards fashion.
I will say "It's not easy as such" but can be done with time and patience.

Good luck, and let us know what you find, and how you managed it in the end.
This happened to my MGZT190 on the drivers door, the inner handle cable was not correctly fitted to the mechanism housing, so was a lottery chance if the door would open from inside or not! All sorted out with a bit of swearing and a few tools !
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote