View Single Post
Old 21st June 2012, 09:20   #23
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Sorry, but without wanting to offend anyone involved with this Project, I really must be missing the point about this car!

I appreciate, that it was a pre-production car and had a somewhat "interesting" life, but what is supposed to be the point of the restoration?

I'm assuming that when the car is back to it's former glory, that it will be displayed at shows to represent the Club (as and when the owner has the time to do that)

Why then pick a poverty spec car to show at events?

Surely if it is being restored to be a "Show" car, then you would at least pick the highest spec Connoisseur SE you could find, with EVERY factory option available, to show off Rover's hay-day of what you could have bought, if you ticked all the option boxes (a 2.5 Auto would have been my choice) and not a hum-drum spec car that you can get to view at any provincial car auction?

Or am I missing the point, because for me, this car when completed, wouldn't get a second glance from me at a car show!
I am afraid I must agree with you the intentions were right to stat with
to save this historical vehicle from the scrapman but it has now gone on far too long with out any light at the end of the tunnel
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote