View Single Post
Old 26th November 2013, 23:00   #28
bmcman
Regular poster

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR75 View Post
In my mind there was nothing ever holding this project back...There have been members flocking in their droves to help out; in parts, labour and assistance with even moving the car from place to place.

If the owner really wanted to have the car in showroom condition, it probably could have been achieved by now time and time again with all the support. Even if the issue was money - this could have been publicised and maybe even a fundraiser held but I don't think the club suffers from financial issues.

I think the biggest factor has been time - my impression is the Owner has a very hectic career which leaves little time for him to arrange/negotiate restoration of OVP. Something we all juggle with across our busy lives, but actually there are plenty of people at the moment that would love nothing else but to offer their help in such a worthwhile project for the benefit of the club, knowing they've given something back.

What would have been the sensible thing to do was arrange for someone else to oversee the project - back to my first point about how many have offered their support. I think unless this happens, OVP will remain in the condition she is currently in which unfortunately is likely to be the condition she enters the scrapyard in, in a couple of years time
I think the car is in the system that's the main thing so hopefully it will not end up in the scrap bin
bmcman is offline   Reply With Quote