Thread: S525 ovp
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2017, 15:51   #23
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
There are a lot of trees round there and they do make a difference. My bus is in a yard surrounded by trees and it slowly turns green over the winter.

I don't know if OVP is there regularly. Like I say, it's only five minutes away but I don't normally go that way. I will do so more often now. I think Reebs is over Hedge End way about six miles from here so I don't think it's him unless he's visiting.

As for 'restoration' I'm one of the leave it alone brigade. It has a few knocks and scratches but most of those will have happened within Longbridge. You can't buy history like that.

I was just pleased to see it's still around.
Nice to see OVP spotted you'll be pleased to know it's running taxed MOTed and insured and used quite regularly - it is more or less living in Southampton - as is my 75 and my ZT and my MGF (number 29 off production line and pristine). Actually just before I went overseas (I'm just back) I jumped in OVP and steering went heavy - snapped power steering belt (now ordered).

The 75 is with space saver as last I drove down to Soton I spotted a rather dangerous looking "crack" in the tyre and took wheel off as a precaution still need the cash to buy to fronts.

As for their state of unwash ... with 4 cars on the road, all needing bits done to them, my working 100 hour weeks and away more often than not I just don't have the time ... you should see my ZT which is my work horse, almost 250,000 miles and a joy to drive with all its 190+ ��

I do have plans to get ovp sprayed up I've been slowly doing all the little niggly bits (still have a faulty fuel gauge I can't get to the bottom of!)

My F, on the other hand, is under the car port washed and covered. 1 out of 5 isn't too bad! ����

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote