View Single Post
Old 19th November 2018, 11:06   #25
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Back to the bodywork and trim and as part of MG Motor UK's mission to convert the car into a ZT, the D pillar Rover badges had been replaced with MG generic ones, so we lost no time in sourcing the originals to put back on the car (and notice in the pictures the terrible Stanley knife cut lines in the paint work which had allowed the dreaded tin worm to establish itself)

Back in 2012, we were lucky enough to obtain a set of plastic steel wheel hub caps for the car kindly donated by club member CDTi. The majority of 75s were produced with alloy wheels not steel ones, so these trims are exceedingly rare and we were grateful to get the ones we did, even if they did have the later facelift Rover badges on them.

But the purist in me got the better of me, so while hunting for a replacement for the missing hub cap from the nearside rear wheel, I began measuring the centre badges and discovered that they are exactly the same size as the replacement boot plinth badges for the Longbridge built Mk 1 saloons i.e. DAB000100

So a few ebay clicks later and we were in business, another job sorted