View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 14:11   #2
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
So who pays for their parking using these new card payment machines?

It seems many towns and cities are now phasing out the old coin machines in favour of these new smart technology payment alternatives.

In my area down here in Dorset we have seen pretty much all coin payment parking machines be replaced with these new card only machines. You can still pay for your parking by using your phone or an app, but you can no longer pay using coins.

I have seen and spoke to many people who end up getting back in their cars and go off looking for somewhere else to park all due to them not wanting to pay for parking by card or phone, some have said they don't even have a card (visa or CC), or even a smartphone.

It seems the future is already here...

I've seen them in Bolton town centre but they still have the option of coins, the ones in the hospital car parks are still coinage and payment by phone but are out of action regular & as you said you see many older people who don't have mobile phones and are scared of getting a parking ticket and don't know what to do.

I have a mobile phone.....somewhere! I don't have a data package for it or even know how that sort of payment malarkey works!

If I'm going anywhere near the town centres these days I use the bus.

And they wonder why town centres are dying a slow death.

There are a lot of things changing & going online only, whereas before you could ring the council office to speak to someone, you now have to make an online account with them and use email .

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote