View Single Post
Old 12th March 2019, 07:44   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Had a week in Finland

First cold holiday we have deliberately taken.
Accommodation and food basic. Northern lights were in full flow the one night we did not go to see then, under whelming the other nights.
The snow suits we were given worked really well but we still needed warm clothes underneath. .
We tobogganed, snow mobile spectacular view, did a Husky ride and reindeer ride, trekked using snow shoes, saw THE ice hotel which is in Sweeden, went to a couple of museums, did snow angels... as you do

Hand warmers earnt their keep. During the Reindeer ride my feet go painfully cold but I had not used feet warmers.

Snow mobile and Husky ride were too slow. Dogs just wanted to run and we kept catching those in front. Snowmobile ride, very bumpy and slow coaches at the rear meant those of us at the front could not go fast except once on the frozen lake/river.

Accommodation very warm even hot at times.
coaches and mini busses very clean
transfers were faultless.

I would not go back to the same place as I'd know what was coming but would do the same sort of holiday again.

we went with Transun
https://www.transun.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0...4aAs2iEALw_wcB

and stayed in cabins at Davvi Arctic Lodge.
cabin was semi detached and if you don't know next door could ne noise as sound insulation not good

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote