View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 20:41   #26
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Sadly though current conditions mean it is beneficial to them to seek work abroad, and that leads to the influx of foreign staff coming from other countries (this is not a racist rant by the way - just stating experiences told to me by a few nurses I know). It is a domino effect. Our nurses go elsewhere to get better money and conditions, then they are replaced by nurses from elsewhere who look to get better pay and conditions to what they had.

Incidentally you can equate that to the British car industry in the 70s and 80s.

Greed, a basic human condition. Public (equate to nurses) want a better made car, they find one from Datsun etc - the 70s remember not now (Dubai hospital). Then those that cannot afford a Datsun etc (equate these to hospital administrators, who now work to tighter budgets) , seek a cheaper alternative adequately made car, eg Lada, Skoda etc (these are the foreign nurses - who still do a fantastic job by the way). All this then leads to a decline of locally produced product (nurses) as they are not selling as you can get better value designed but built elsewhere (foreign nurses trained and paid for on foreign soil before coming here).

But this thread is not about any of that, rather about how the positivity of figures presented to the public.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!