View Single Post
Old 11th December 2020, 13:07   #37
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Late last year I started saving for a motorbike. Had a Jap cruiser or Harley in mind. Bought Bike Trader religiously and could think of nothing else. Then along comes an old mate I haven't seen in a while In a Royal Blue Rover 75 connie. Cant say I'd really noticed them before but after a few more visits, I just fell for the shape of the car, the curves the crome and the impressive spec that goes with it for the price.
Suffice to say the motorbike went out of the window, sold my car and bought the beautiful Contemporary SE I have today. Well four days
I was on my way to the local Citroen dealership to check out the new ZX range, I quite like these cars they were excellent to drive but on the way there I decided to stop at the local Rover dealership to check out the 200 series that I kept seeing on the TV ( circa 1989) this being the golden years of the Rover marque revival with Honda help, well I was quite impressed by looks of the cars on show, and I took a good look inside a 214Si, took it for a test drive and that as the say was that, I went on to have a 216SLi, 420GSi Sport, 618Si, and for the last 16 years a 75 Club Diesel Tourer, need I say any more.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote