View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2022, 14:35   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default cutting compound advice

Need some advice please if anyone can help. I used an aerosol ready mixed for me at my local paint/factors shop. ... I have used them before and to be fair the colour match was pretty reasonable. I sprayed the front bumper as a tempory measure , and now it looks pretty shabby . No clear coat applied afterwards, and it looked acceptable for the short term. It has since darkened in colour over the last 9 mths to the point where it needs to be removed back down to the original paint. I have an orbital polisher and i want to remove the rattle can layer, and get the colour back up to the original thats underneath. I am going to get some work done professionally to give her a spruce up , but not yet. It was a mistake im sure to use the rattle can , but as your already aware, im no painter. I have some maguires ultimate compound but i dont know if this will be agressive enough. I think its 300 grit , same as G3 compound. Is this enough to remove the paint and then follow with maguires resin polish ? The bumper had 2 coats applied using 2 cans. Any guidance very much appreciated. thanks.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote