Thread: Rough Roads
View Single Post
Old 20th October 2019, 10:42   #3
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

We were in Corfu a month ago, we also had a hire car but we must have been lucky because the one we had only had 55k on the clock and the only dents were on one wheel arch. They seemed more bothered that I put the same amount of petrol in it when it was returned than the condition of the bodywork.

So sad to here about the death but the way they ride motorcycles I suspect it is quite common, we also noticed the lack of helmets and using mobiles while riding. It is hard enough doing this in a car let alone a motor bike. We noticed that a family were using a scooter as a car, rider, wife and two small children between the riders legs stood on the footplate.

What amazed me was to see British registered cars over there and they were newish and expensive models like Mercs and BMW's.

The Hotel we stayed in were worried about the economic future as 50% of there clients were Thomas Cook.

This was my first visit to Corfu and I feel I will probably return, the people were friendly and I didn't feel we were being ripped off at every opportunity as is so often the case when visiting a foreign country.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote