View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019, 13:27   #30
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
No argument from me. I simply like fact finding and debate.

My experience.

Apprenticed toolmaker. Then design drawing office for 15 years.
Mechanical engineering up to and design of parts for Rapier guided missile system.
Decided on a change of career so studied and went into the building and construction engineering side of things as I wanted to work outside of an office.
Spent the next 30 years building and road construction.

One of my highlights was the construction of the country mansion for the Duke of Somerset in Devon.

Definitely not a career for a closed mind.--Lots of time taken up in problem solving.

Try hard to always be Objective and not Subjective and deal in facts and not supposition.

But as I usually end up trying to say---We all have our own opinions and that's what makes life interesting don't you think.---
Indeed it does. Experience does count. My experience of what happens in two homes - our old house and the one we are in now tells me it costs no more to get the whole “fabric” of the house warm than heating up the air within it then allowing a cold house to cool that same air all over again.

No disrespect but I am wary of those who cite 20 to 30 years of experience as justification for not taking on board a concept they disagree with.

I have often found that the “experience” they really have is just one or two years but it is now 20 to 30 years old..
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote