View Single Post
Old 21st January 2019, 10:12   #7
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Don't talk to me about boilers
Ours has been nowt but trouble since end of October. Having to get Baxi out for a third visit tomorrow. End of Oct we had no heating or hw, started a boiler repair plan with them, just as well we did. They came next day and fitted £300 worth of parts, loads of leaks and a dead pcb. Been ok until before Xmas, when hw started playing up. Had them out on 7th Jan , engineer replaced electrodes and said we needed to get a chemical flush on ch system, as there was dirt in system. Tues night no hw at all, called Baxi again and was told they wouldn't come out again until system had been flushed. I asked for them to come and do it and I would pay the fee as it not included in care plan. No was the answer, they only repair and service, dont do that. Had to call 3 gas fitters before someone agreed to do it. After it was done, STILL no hw. Apparently its the diverter valve at fault. So although the system did need cleaning, the Baxi engineer was talking cack that this was the cause of the fault. So yet another day of disturbed work tomorrow. Dont buy Baxi boilers folks, they are s$€/e.mad:End of rant
i had a Baxi. Biggest pile of rubbish ever. Replaced with a Vailant over 10 years ago which has never missed a beat. Never had to top it up either although thats probably more to do with the excellent guy who fitted it all.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote