View Single Post
Old 15th August 2022, 09:28   #20
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Thanks for this helpful description Tom. Your system should not have been blowing "hot" air, even with 31.5˚C outside and since this occurs when there is no ram effect upon the condenser I'd suggest checking the following:
  • I see that your car is a 2001 V6. Does it have a 3 speed fan? I know that it's passed the demist test for slow speed, but it's possible that the higher medium speed (triggered by high air conditioning demand) isn't working if the relevant brush (grey wire) is worn.
  • Your condenser may be past its best. Inspect the lower rows of fins for damage which are the most susceptible to rainwater and debris. This would reduce the surface area and therefore the efficiency.

Simon
Thanks again for the help. Interesting to learn how the system works. I suppose when I say 'hot' I mean 'ambient' air, it's just that it was hot yesterday!

The car is relatively low miles, 47k ish and 7k of those are me in the last year, so it may well be on the original 3 speed fan if that's what was fitted. Is there a way to know which I have?

This thread seems to be the best way to test operation? https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...hlight=trinary

I've done plenty of mechanical tinkering but never messed about with electrics before!
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote