View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2024, 17:05   #150
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

My hospital appointment about my ankle went better than I thought. They no longer want to see me anymore. No X-Ray but I was seen by the consultant that I saw last time. I had to remove both shoes and socks so that he could compare. Left ankle is still slightly swollen but that’s nothing to be worried about. He checked the movement on the ankle. He said I had more movement than my last visit.

Then shoes and socks back on and I then had to walk up and down the corridor without the aid of the crutch. He was very happy with what he saw. And he said he was more than happy to release me from the care of the hospital. I will still need to use the crutch occasionally but it will pay me to get a collapsible walking stick to carry with me when out and about.

I’m to try and not spend more than 1 hour on the ankle, then rest with foot raised for at least 15 minutes. Which is improvement on my last visit. So I’m happy with the result.
So home on the bus, but I wanted a wee, but I couldn’t remember what time the bus was. So out to the bus stop and if it was a long wait then I could return to the loo.

The bus was going to be there in the next 5 minutes, oh! Well I’ll just have to tie a knot in it. The next bus home wouldn’t have been for another hour. Got on the bus and got off at the fire station in Saltash, I had left the Fiesta parked close by. Got home and dashed, well it was quick for me, up to the loo for a long wee.

So I have just the 3 camera procedure to get through next week and all will be well, fingers crossed.
Then I will return the crutches, zimmer frame, AirBoot and sandal back to Liskeard hospital in a few weeks time.
I still have the chair risers and footstool from the ladies at HomeFirst. I’ll phone Clare tomorrow and get those bits collected.

And tomorrow morning the physiotherapist is here and with a bit of luck that will be the last visit.

Once she has gone, Marion and I will then go to Dunelms in Plymouth to buy new sheets, pillows and quilt for the new bed.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote