View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2018, 21:29   #13
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Job now done subject to road test.
Contrary to some writings here, the sensor, at least the genuine one, is not a tight fit in the hole, in fact it is quite lose until the shaped tip of the sensor locates into the equivalent shape at the bottom of the hole. The reason why it would not initially go in was the shoulder of rust partway done left from where I used the large drill bit (see earlier posts).
I coated the drill bit with grease then drilled again as far as it would, the start of the shaped hole being the limit. Hopefully the grease trapped most of the rust particles, but I gave the unit a further vacuum and wipe of the face of the bearing seal with a pipe-cleaner.
Rather than copper-slip I used a thick coating of the protective grease NO-OX-ID in an attempt to prevent the hole rusting up again.
The whole job did turn out to be quite straight-forward once I'd found or received the helpful posts from the guys on here - thanks (wish I'd found some posts sooner).
Incidently, someone was commenting on Matt's (DMGRS) sensors not being genuine, I checked, and they are genuine; and at a very good price too.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote