View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:50   #1
Feret
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default clicking while accelerating with the hot engine on Rover 75 CDT

Hello,

I remind you that I am in France and that I have owned my Rover 75 cdt since 2018. It currently totals 226,000 km / 140430 miles...

Not long ago, I had the clutch, flywheel and seals changed and the front cross member was therefore removed. As I picked up my car, I immediately noticed a slight metallic rattle coming from the engine compartment and on the left side, towards the high beam and fog light contactor.

This noise is fast and and it is similar to a sound of rocker arms having taken play, it is also comparable to an electric sewing machine noise!

It only appears when the engine is hot, and as soon as you accelerate or the engine is loaded to climb a hill, and it starts at 1100/1200 rpm. I've been told about noise caused by the fins of the turbocharger, but I'm not sure if it can work below 1500 rpm!
However, I changed the 2 "O rings" at the entrance of the pipe intercooler, and I also have to change the upper hose which has become rubbery and lets a drop of oil through
I read that some bmw M47 diesel engines make a close noise caused by the ventilation valve of the fuel tank, but I do not find this element on the drawings of Rimmer Bros...

I know that this kind of noise can be reflected in the engine compartment, I am sure that it is not a noise of friction of something, but a noise of mechanical origin ... Would anyone have ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Feret is offline   Reply With Quote