View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 18:54   #25
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I'm finally getting there, a full set of dentures is on the cards it seems. Its been a long hard struggle this past year, or should I say past 10 years. I will be glad when its all over I can tell ya.

Good news, I am finally having the rest of my teeth extracted (a full clearance). I had the rest of my uppers extracted only 5 weeks ago, and today the hospital has agreed to extract the rest of my lowers.

I cant wait to get new teeth lol, but I reckon I will wait some weeks for all the swelling to subside and healing to take place before I opt for dentures.

Having no teeth certainly makes you look old though, but I don't care as being pain free is far more important.

So any denture buddies out there?
Hi Wes, I have a mix of semi permanent dentures, an implant, crowns, a bridge and part of my lower jaw has a synthetic bone implant. I won’t go into any gory details. Our resident dentist is here and how lucky we are to have him, we really are.... Psychologically, it is going to be a major change for you from what you have been used to. Just give yourself time to adapt to your new teeth and looks. If you find they are too tight or loose, pop back to the dentist and have them readjusted. Ultimately, only you will know they are dentures. Enjoy.

I know a couple of the other members who have dentures, only because one guy told me about them, when I needed to see his dentist in Yorkshire. Another took his dentures out in a cafe in front of me, so he could tuck into his meat and 2 veg and not worry about getting the green bits left in afterwards.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote