View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 21:11   #28
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhavenhibby View Post
The bone will be shrinking back as I say for 6 months or so and so the bone around the canine region will also remodel in time. You are correct in that often the bone in this region can often be bulky to start as often there is less bone recession here around your natural teeth prior to extractions.

If this temp denture was fitted after the extraction ( an immediate) but made before then the technician has had to estimate where the bone would be following extraction so often the fit may not be quite right. You need to return for a dentist to adjust the plate which may be to remove some acrylic and ease it in this area or even to put on some temporary cushion type linings ( eg viscogel) in order to relieve the pressure on the canine area.

If you get an appointment for an adjustment try to wear the plate for an hour or two so the gum will just start to redden and then the dentist can line up where he needs to adjust.
I think my so called new good dentist isn't so good after all. She said to come back in 2/3 months for a reline, even though I left her office with a loose fitting denture that looked like a gumshield. I had the impression done on the day of the extractions, it was meant to be an immediate denture, but the lab took 4 weeks to make it.

The two upper canine areas the gum is large and rounded, the denture falls upon and rubs these two areas. I had huge white blisters after just half a day wearing the denture, I haven't worn it since. The denture is so thick and wide, I would imagine the width has something to do with the large canine bulges. I thought the lab or dentist would have grooved out the sides of the denture just where the bulges are, this would then allow the denture to be slimmer and fit around the canine bulgy bits.

I was going to make another appointment and go back, but I wanted to wait for the results from Maxillofaical first. I will most probably pop back to the dentist at some point once I get the extraction date from maxfax for the lowers and then let my dentist know. I thought it would be better to get measured for a new temporary upper and lower at the same time, as my current temporary upper (the big ill fitiing one) was made to match my lower remaining teeth.

Am I right in thinking my dentist can make me a new temporary upper and lower at the same time, and it will only be one NHS charge on band C, even though I had a new upper just 5 weeks ago when I had my remaining lower teeth.

I was told, because I'm now having my remaining lower teeth out, that my dentist would need to setup a new treatment plan which would mean I could get a new upper made at the the same time as the lower denture, does that sound correct to you?

Last edited by Dallas; 10th December 2018 at 21:17..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote