View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 21:24   #29
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Your dentist will be able to set up a new upper and lower once the lower extractions have taken place. This may be beneficial as the technician won't be guided by your own teeth which often aren't in the ideal place for denture positioning. As I said muscle action comes into play when it comes to full dentures and they have to sit in a "neutral zone" to be stable which often isn't the case when copying your old teeth position.....nobodys fault just the way it is.

I'm not really surprised that you are having problems with the first temporary if it was 4 weeks after extraction ( or did you go back for 2 or 3 other visits once the extractions had occurred ?? in which case a second impression can be taken just prior to fit ) ..........by this time a certain amount of remodelling would have taken place and as I said the technician has to estimate where the bone will end up. Normally in this type of case I would fit the denture at the time of the extractions which also helps with the clotting .

It is usual to see after 2 to 3 months for a reline, however this would be a hard acrylic reline, but there are temporary cushion ones that can be applied if the remodelling is taking place faster or in an uneven manner. Dentures often feel "big" and this is part and parcel of getting used to a full denture. When the rubbing has gone this is where perseverance comes in.

When you go back for the full upper and lower it would indeed open up another band C treatment and associated cost.

As I said the "blisters" that began to form are probably easily sorted by an ease and as I said wear the plate for an hour or so and the dentist will be able to see exactly where to take off the acylic as the gum will just start to mark up.

Last edited by newhavenhibby; 10th December 2018 at 21:53..
newhavenhibby is offline   Reply With Quote